Friday, May 25, 2007

Sweet (& Sour) Irony

Just a miscellaneous post. Simon and I take turns making dinner for each other. One night, Simon made a delicious Chinese beef stir-fry with perfect, fluffy rice.




On another night, we decide to have rice again. I am in charge this time. So, as any self-preserving, patriotic person of Chinese descent would do, I buy Uncle Ben's style rice. It's microwaveable! I, however, decided against microwaving and opted for good ol' fashion boiling. I ended up burning the rice to a crisp (Did I miss the memo? You're supposed to stir the rice?).

So, it appears that Simon, the non-Asian one in the relationship, is actually the sole Asian in the relationship. My Mum and Dad should be very proud.....or should probably disown me.

Keeping it real.

Jess

P.S. In my defence, I grew up with a rice cooker. No need for all of this stirring nonsense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jess, we were so close to taking back from you our family name. But second thought, Uncle Ben is not the real McCoy, so we have concluded that it was not your fault and we let you keep our family name for now.

Dad