Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back in Business...again


Wow.

It's been a long time hasn't it? Well, what has happened since my last post... (in a nutshell)

  1. I left Australia and moved back to Toronto
  2. I begrudingly started my final year of hell at the University of Toronto
  3. A special someone came to Canada for Christmas
  4. I saw a cute squirrel
  5. I had a lovely dinner at an Italian restaurant called Modo
  6. I learned how to moonwalk
  7. I screamed "Good Riddance!" to UofT after my last exam as an undergrad and moonwalked my way out the door
  8. I saw Snakes On A Plane
  9. I packed up my life into two suitcases, one carry-on backpack, one purse, all of the pockets in my pants, and any other nook and cranny I could find and hopped on a plane back to Australia.
  10. And finally, I'm starting to blog again!

My blog will probably be less writing-intensive nowadays and more photo-intensive seeing how I won't be doing as much touristy stuff anymore. It'll just be a site where you guys can see what's going on Down Under and what new and exciting things I'm seeing/eating/doing/creating/killing/poking/inventing/drinking/uncovering.

As most of you already know, I moved over here for a particular reason. He's a dark and handsome fella. His name is Tim. Tim Tam. He is this scrumptious chocolate cookie wafer with delectably creamy filling enveloped in a smooth blanket of chocolate. He is why I am back in Australia. Him, sunshine, beaches, friendly people, the laidback attitude, rugby, the accent...that's about it. I can't think of any other reason why I'm back.

Oh, maybe Simon. But only maybe.

My plan is to just relax for a while before I really get into the nitty-gritty, like looking for a job, finding a new place, and paying bills! I'll start taking on big-people responsibilities in a few weeks. Or if I have my way and money starts growing on trees, in a few months! In the meantime, I'll go swimming.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back doing what I love: writing about things that make you laugh, things that make you go "huh?", things that make you go "yum", things that make you go "wow", and things that just make up what life is really about. I hope you enjoy the blog this time around. I like to think of it as a means to make the world a smaller place by allowing us to stay in touch and leave comments for each other. Sound like a plan?

Alright, let the blogging begin!

Over and out.

Jess

P.S. That photo might not look like it has any relevance to this post. Oh, but it does. Doesn't that kid (me when I was younger and cuter) look like she's ready for anything? She's got her diaper securely in place, her bib tightly fastened, and a popsicle in hand. Looks like she can take on the world. As am I now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!
I got your email, thanks so much! Sorry, things have been hectic lately, but I'll definitely find the time to write back soon :)
Your picture is very cute. I love how all asians, at one point in their childhood life, had that bowl cut. It's so hideous yet so endearing. lol. On you though, it looks fab ;)
Anywho, I hope all is going well so far, make sure to keep us all updated!!
Love ya, *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Aww look at the cute little Asian boy with a popsicle! Oh....Oh...that's you?? Yeah, um, I knew that. I'm glad you're back to blogging!! And i hope you got my email! I miss you. Thornhill is definitely lacking in the sexy since you have left. Definitely keep us all updated with visual aid....would Simon care if you just went around the country taking pictures with hot Aussie men? You can say it's for me and as your duty to your beloved Canadian best friend, you must take on such a back-breaking, arduous, hard task as this. He totally won't mind! :)

Nielle!

Anonymous said...

you take that popsicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're my hero and i miss you xoxoxo