Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ain't No Mountain High Enough Baby

Okay, so my last post claimed that I was going to start blogging immediately. That wasn't necessarily a lie, just a temporal misjudgment. To be honest, it's been a bit hectic here for the past few weeks and I haven't really had a chance to give quality time to Mr. Blog. Things have been rolling over here. A rolling stone gathers no moss, right? Well then, I'm moss-free at the moment. I have much to update you guys on, but I guess I have to go in order, don't I?

I'll blog about what happened after I landed here and we'll go from there.

A few days after I landed in Brisbane, Simon and I decided to take a little walk (or hike) down memory lane. On our first date, Simon took me up to Mount Cootha, which is this mountain in the middle of the suburbs that offers fantastic views of the Brisbane skyline. We decided that it would be fitting to go back there on our first date since I arrived in Brisbane.

Simon filling up on gas, which by the way, is extremely expensive here. About $1.30/litre!




We decided to take a little hike through the trails that are offered in and around Mount Cootha. We walked a fair bit until we hit a sign that stated there was about 1 km left before we could reach the end. It wouldn't have taken us too long to finish the trail, but it was getting dark. Plus, we were lazy and wanted ice cream.

It was very nice taking a little hike up there. It reminded me of just how naturally pleasing and beautifully preserved Australia can be....and how it is still home to many creepy crawly creatures. Yes, that's the technical term.

Keeping it real.

Jess

No comments: