Sunday, July 01, 2007

Finally Back Online

Hi folks! I haven't been able to post any blogs lately because as most of you already know, I just moved house. Thus, I was not able to access the internet for quite a while. But fret no more, I am up and running now (figuratively of course because we all know I'm one lazy girl and will not run unless there's a really good reason to do so).

I have a lot to catch up on, but I'm going to put those stories on the back burner and take this opportunity to post pics of the new house. It's still a work in progress, but Simon and I are delighted to have found our little niche. It's a cute little place. I believe I scared the bejeebees out of Simon right when we moved in because I channeled my inner Martha Stewart and drew up blueprints of the house with different colour schemes and motifs for each room. By moving house, we had inadvertantly created a monster: mini-Martha. To Simon's relief, we couldn't actually paint the walls because we're renting and the owner probably would not have appreciated my neon pink-inspired room idea.

Without further ado, here's our new home:
This is the front

This is the little rock garden beside the driveway (I'm going to get a rake and transform it into those Japanese rock gardens with those flowing designs...or get Simon to build a tiny pool for us to stand in)

This is the master bedroom


This is the washroom with rubber duck in place

Shower and door leading into the master bedroom (and the rubber duck)

This is the guest bedroom (yes, that's right, a guest bedroom; that's reason enough for you guys to come and visit! Free accomodation!)

This is the computer room

Living room (Simon went a little mad and decided to purchase a new TV. Can't really complain though...)

Dining room

The house has an open-concept setup; the kitchen and the main living areas are all connected

View from the kitchen


Our backyard (which is in dire need of a good fix-me-up; the drought in Brisbane has really put a damper on growing lush green grass, but Simon and I just planted a few herbs and flowers in a small plot of soil, so our fingers are crossed)


Finally, we just went to the Southbank markets and found a little bonsai tree for our coffee table. It's cute as a button.

There you have it. Casa del Tambert. Hope you guys like it.

Jess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats jess (and simon too)! it is so beautiful. very cozy and tam-ish. what a step...im so proud of you! miss you tons, ange xo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. Good job on the decorating, it's uber classy and homey!!! Miss youuuuuuuu my darlin! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo nice! Ray and I were looking like, "Jess bought those sheets" "Those are totally Jess"....and then we saw the TV - that's definitely a guy thing. Just so you know, Ray is officially jealous. Bondi Rescue Night will be at your place from now on!

Val said...

mind-runs, you used to always go on mind-runs. hahaha. house looks great!! can't wait to come and stay in the (free) guest room!