Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fuzz, Fur, & Feathers

Yesterday was a great day. We went to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and we got our photos taken with those fuzzy koalas. They are so freaking soft and cuddly.



Hey there, watch your hand buddy.

They have around 130 koalas on site because each koala can only have a photo op that lasts no more than 30 mins because they have to eat…..or they’re just divas. Apparently, they sleep for about 18 hours and eat for the rest of the day. Where can I sign up?

We also went into the Kangaroo Reserve. It felt like we had stepped directly into the wild. The kangaroos were just roaming around and lounging in the shade.

A little closer.....

Touchdown!

It was amazing. All I needed at the moment was a Foster’s beer, a Didgeridoo playing in the background, a boomerang, and Steve Irwin to bring my Australian moment full circle.

We walked around a little more and saw other animals: dingoes, wombats, wallabies, crocodiles, and emus. Good ol’ emus. All I could think about was The Barenaked Ladies’ song, “If I Had A Million Dollars”.

Oh, and I captured a Kodak moment. Australia and Canada embodied in two charming animals.


Just the two of us.

Peace out.

Jess

Koala sightings: 60 (mission accomplished)
Kangaroo sightings: 50 (mission accomplished)
Popsicles eaten: 1 (mission incomplete....999 more to go)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Jessers, it looks awesome! And you look awesome but of course, you already knew that. I told you to bring me back one of those kangeroos....that one will do.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

O.M.G. you are by far, the CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Come home soon! I need to give you a hug!

Love,

Gabe.

Anonymous said...

Damn, that's one lucky Koala!